Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Not only does it give you energy, breakfast is linked to many health benefits, including weight control and improved focus.
Breakfast skippers tend to eat more calories later in the day, which can sabotage weight loss goals. Plan ahead by keeping fresh fruit, raw nuts, and whole grain breads and cereals on hand.
Here are some healthy, grab-and-go options that fill the bill:
- Whole-wheat toast with natural peanut butter and sliced banana
- Smoothie made with whey protein and fruit
- Whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk and 10 raw almonds
- Hard-boiled egg and a banana
- Whole-wheat English muffin with low fat ricotta cheese and slice of tomato
- Salmon on 1/2 whole-grain bagel with light cream cheese
- Oatmeal made with berries and 6 raw walnuts
- Breakfast burrito: Southwestern egg scramblers in a corn or whole-wheat tortilla and salsa
- Greek yogurt with sliced peaches, chopped raw pecans, and low fat granola