Bean, beans are good for your heart… If you replace a meat meal with a bean meal, your heart will be smiling! Beans are a great source of fiber and protein and can help with weight loss and regularity, too!
This edamame salad is great for any time of the year. The flavors are bright with the citrus and mint, yet the beans, pistachios and burrata cheese give it slightly salty, savory flavor. This is a great dish for a picnic, potluck, or buffet dinner. You can switch it up by swapping out the burrata with crumbled feta cheese or switching the pistachios for toasted pumpkin seeds.
If you want to lower the fat content, sprinkle the top with a little shaved or grated parmesan – when you use strong flavored cheeses, you only need a little bit for a lot of flavor! Let me know how you like it?
Makes 10 servings
1 pound edamame, shelled, defrosted if frozen
1 TBS olive oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
½ cup dry white wine
¼ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
zest of one lemon
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
4 (2 oz.) balls, fresh burrata cheese
1/3 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the green onions, edamame, white wine, and 1 tsp salt and cook until the beans are tender, but still bright green (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Mix mint and lemon zest in the lemon juice and add to beans. Mix well.
4. To serve, put beans on a platter.
5. Cut the burrata balls in half and arrange on top of the beans.
6. Sprinkle the burrata with salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and top with pistachio nuts.