This soup tastes like you are sitting in a garden. So fresh and refreshing on a hot summer night! Grab a piece of crusty bread to make this gazpacho a meal!
2 stalks celery
1 large cucumber
1 brown onion
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 large carrot
12 large plum tomatoes
3 cups low sodium tomato juice or strained pureed tomatoes
2 TBS. red wine vinegar
2 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 medium avocado
1. Wash and dry all vegetables.
2. Dice vegetables into small-medium sized cubes and put into a large bowl.
3. Add 2 ½ cups tomato juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Refrigerate over night to let the flavors mingle.
5. Place half of the mixture into a food processor or blender and puree to desired consistency. If too thick, add more tomato juice.
6. Put a ladle of pureed soup into a bowl and top with a ladle of the diced, chunky mixture.
7. Top the gazpacho with thinly sliced or diced avocado.
8. Serve with warm, crusty bread or baked tortilla chips.
Fat 6 gm
Protein 3 gm
Carbohydrates 17 gm
Fiber 4 gm