This tastes like a GARDEN IN A GLASS. A fantastic way to start the day or a great mid-afternoon drink to boost your energy! Using a Vitamix rather than a juicer creates a fiber-full drink! Add 1-2 inches of cold water to the blender to start the process – you need some liquid to liquefy all the veggies.
Add organic ingredients into the Vitamix or other strong blender (not a juicer):
- 4 large kale leaves or 2 cups baby spinach*
- 2 large celery stalks
- 1” fresh ginger, unpeeled
- 2 cucumbers (remove peel, if not organic)
- 2 pears, remove stem and prickly butt
- 1-2 broccoli stems
- handful of cilantro
- ½ large lemon
Any greens* youhave on hand are fine – Trader Joe’s has a mixture of kale, Swiss chard, and spinach – rinse well.
Experiment with any herbs you enjoy.
Adding carrot, beet, or berries will make the green drink sweeter, but will turn the color brown.
To increase protein:
- protein powder
- almond, peanut, or cashew butter
- Greek yogurt or Kefir (dairy)
- Carnation NF dry milk powder (dairy)
To increase fiber (the drink is extremely fibrous, so your really shouldn’t need more):
- ground flax seed
- wheat germ
*wheat grass makes the drink bitter