Zucchini ribbons are the perfect raw, gluten-free, low carb noodle! So easy to make – just use your vegetable peeler and start peeling. Stop when you get to the seeds! The beautiful ribbons are enhanced by the lemon vinaigrette and made savory with the toasted pine nuts and a sprinkle of parm! I promise, everyone will love it. Great as a main course or as a side dish with fish or chicken.
4 large zucchini
2 TBS fresh thyme, chopped
2 TBS fresh oregano, chopped
½ cup pine nuts, toasted
2 large lemons, zested and juiced
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBS Dijon mustard
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Remove ends of zucchini. With your vegetable peeler, make long zucchini ribbons, avoiding seeds. Place ribbons in a large bowl.
2. Add the thyme, oregano, and pine nuts to the zucchini and toss.
3. Add the lemon zest and juice and toss.
4. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and mustard. Add to zucchini ribbons and toss well.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with parmesan on top.