After much experimentation, I am delighted to share my marinated mushroom recipe with you! Mushrooms are plentiful in nutrients that keep us healthy, burn fat, and build up our immune system! They are low in calories, non-fat, a good source of vitamin D and B vitamins, minerals, beta-glucans, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and antioxidants. This recipe is vegan, raw, gluten-free and especially delicious!
3 packages of white button mushrooms
1 white onion, chopped small
Juice of 2 lemons
3 TBS cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1/2 c Italian parsley, chopped
- Combine lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, sea salt and black pepper together in a jar and shake well. Set aside.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth to clean. Remove hard stem bottoms and discard.
- Slice mushrooms 1/4-inch thick and place in gallon-size ziploc bag. Add chopped onions and marinade. Remove extra air from bag and zip shut. Shake bag well to coat all mushrooms.
- Refrigerate mushrooms at least 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish. Will last in your refrigerator for up to one week.
Protein 1 gm