This delicious, savory soup will really warm you up on a cold day! Turmeric and ginger are potent anti-inflammatories and add a ton of flavor. Add the almonds to increase the protein content.
1 TBS olive oil
2/3 cup diced carrots
2/3 cup diced celery
2/3 cup diced onion
1 large sweet potato, diced
5 cups vegetable stock
½ tsp turmeric
1 ¼ tsp ground ginger
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh Italian parsley, chopped
Almond chopped or slivered, optional
- In a large stockpot, heal oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, and onions, and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Cut persimmons in half horizontally and scoop out pulp.
- Add sweet potatoes and persimmons to pot and cook 5 more minutes.
- Pour in stock and stir in turmeric and ginger. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover and let cook for ~30minutes, until sweet potatoes are completely soft.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender and return to pot. Season with salt and pepper to desired taste. If soup is too thick add additional stock to thin. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with parsley and almonds.
Fat 2.5 gm
Carbs 30 gm
Fiber 4 gm
Sodium 370 mg
Protein 2 gm