Make a batch of these gluten-free pancakes ahead of time and warm up for meals or snacks during the week! They are so flavorful and even better when topped with a little guacamole. You’re whole family will love them!
2.5 c cooked quinoa, cooled
4 c baby kale, chopped into small pieces
3 large eggs, beaten
½ tsp salt
1 small onion, chopped
½ c chives, chopped
¾ c Parmesan, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ c almond meal or GF bread crumbs
olive oil spray
– Combine quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, chives, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
– Spray skillet with olive oil spray and heat over medium. Add onions and garlic, stir, and cook for 3 minutes.
– Add kale to skillet and cook until kale is soft and bright green,
– To quinoa – add kale mixture, almond meal (or bread crumbs) and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
– Spray skillet again with olive oil spray* and heat over med-high heat.
– With wet hands, form patties and cook in skillet until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes on each side).
– Remove patties and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
*If you prefer crunchier pancakes, coat bottom of skillet with 2 TBS grape seed or olive oil – this increases calories to 180 and fat to 10gm.